Tuesday 18 December 2012

Ginger Garlic Paste

Cooking is something really fun to do and needs lots of creativity and patience in making a wonderful meal for the family, but one thing I really hate is peeling garlic for cooking. It just takes so much of my time and patience so I always peel lots of it and store in a air tight container and keep it in the fridge. 

I use ginger garlic paste for most of my cooking and always have some in fridge so that I don't have to prepare a fresh one when planning to cook. Ginger garlic paste is very easy to prepare but peeling garlic again something I really hate. But I have a very easy way to peel garlic for ginger garlic paste preparation, let's look at what actually I'm trying to say;


Ingredients:
500g of ginger (cleaned and cut small)
500g of garlic (cleaned)
Water


Prepare 500g of ginger and garlic

Soak garlic pod in water, this make it easy to peel the skin off

Peel off skin from ginger and cut into small pieces

Put ginger and garlic in a blender and add very little water to make into fine paste

Store it in an air tight container and can be stored it in fridge for nearly a month



10 comments:

  1. nice tip on soaking garlic :) i use oil and vinegar instead of water to make the paste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Priya R..I follow mom's style to use water for blending...

      Delete
  2. nice back to basic post.. I use oil also
    http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always prefer homemade paste. Very useful post dear.

    today's recipe:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2012/12/poha-chirer-pulao.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this homemade paste,i cant live without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Priya...me too...its so essential in everything I cook...

      Delete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman