Friday 2 November 2012

Malaysian Style Pineapple Tart

This s very famous cookie in Malaysia, almost everyone would have tasted at least once. I have got order for this cookie also, it's delicious Pineapple Tart. Let me introduce star of the show;


Let us check how I made this cookie, its quite tedious but fun making it...

Ingredients:

Crust (150pieces)
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2 1/2 tbsp of custard flour
2 tbsp of corn flour
1 tsp of vanila extract
1 tbsp of sugar
1 cup of butter
1 tbsp of ghee
1 egg yolk (beaten for egg wash)

Pineapple Jam
1 whole pineapple grated
2 cups of sugar (reduce if pineapple is sweet)
1 screw-pine leaf

Cook over low heat all the ingredients for jam, it takes about 3- 4 hours to get thick jam. Cool it while making the dough for crust.


This is a very simple crust making method, mix all the dry ingredients 
to the wet ingredients and knead well until soft, leave aside


Using a cookie press, squeeze out dough like above


Roll out small amount of pineapple jam and place it on one side of the dough, you 
may ask why I have two jam rolls, I just wanted to make everything fast because 
it do take a long time to complete the whole process


Roll out the end of dough where we have placed the jam and roll to a complete cylinder


See how to roll it?


Arrange the tarts on a baking tray 


Apply egg wash on one side of the cookie and bake at 150 degree for 15- 20 minutes, 
make sure you heat the oven 5 minutes earlier before baking


Our Pineapple Tart now is ready to be served

Do try and let me know how it was!









21 comments:

  1. Delicious tart suman...it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its new to me.. looks incredible..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, totally unique. how did u get that pattern dear and so broad too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used cookie press....will upload the picture of it later k....tq

      Delete
  4. tasty tart.. my favourite
    great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...they look absolutely divine dear! Hope you are able to link them to my ongoing event! :)

    Join my Blog Event:~ DEEPAVALI DELIGHTS 2012

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mind blowing Suman!!!Love the way you prepared it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow... they look so cute and inviting... great dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these tarts. I made these cuties for Hariraya. they look tempting.nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. will try these tarts very soon..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman