Monday 30 July 2012

Goa Chicken Curry

Even before I start blogging I have been BW and found many friend's blogs which I admired so much. There are many blogs I have been following all this while. I love Aarthi's page YUMMY TUMMY as we can find a lot of recipes mostly easy to follow recipes, anyone can cook recipes. I found Goa Chicken Curry from her blog and decided to give it a try as it looks very tempting. 

Its not very spicy but very delicious curry. I used whole leg pieces which have been cut small. Usually I buy whole leg pieces or keel because that's my family's favorite. Its very simple recipe which takes only 30 minutes to prepare.


Let's look at the recipe and try on your own.


Ingredients:

1/2 kg Chicken (I used 3 whole leg cut small)
3 onions sliced thinly
3 tomatoes diced
3 tbsp oil
2 tsp vinegar (I didn't add)
1/2 cup water
Salt to taste


Goan Spice Paste:

1 tbsp ginger minced (I have used1 large piece)
10 cloves of garlic
2 cinnamon sticks
2 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
4 cloves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp peppercorns
1 tbsp tamarind
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Make fine paste with the spice paste ingredients above, possibly thick paste without adding much water.

Heat oil in a wok, add in the sliced onions saute till golden brown and add the spice paste and mix well until oil separates. Now add in the diced tomatoes and cook till its soft and mushy.

Add cleaned chicken to the wok and mix well with the spices and cover to cook. At this point the gravy will be thick and if you wish to get curry consistency add 1/2 cup of water and let it boil. 

After 15 minutes the chicken will be perfectly cooked and ready to serve, at this moment add the vinegar and mix thoroughly. Garnish with coriander leaves.

Now our Goan Chicken Curry is ready to be served and tasted. Try and let me know how it turned out, if you need step by step picturised recipe then please visit Aarthi's blog YUMMY TUMMY.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman